About this course
This online Certificate I in Construction (CPC10111) course provides a great introduction to the construction industry, familiarising you with basic tools and materials while fostering your growing skill set.
This course centres around a simulated construction project, allowing you to get hands-on experience in the kinds of tasks you’ll be performing in your professional life through a series of typical scenarios.
This course is available for study via Open Colleges and is delivered online by North Coast TAFE.
You must be over 18 and have access to the appropriate tools and equipment for completion of this course.
You will also be required to have access to a suitable worksite in order to complete the practical components of this course.
In this construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- CPCCCM2001A - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCOHS2001A - Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM2005B - Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCCM1011A - Undertake basic estimation and costing
- CPCCCM2004A - Handle construction materials
- CPCCCM1013A - Plan and organise work
- CPCCVE1011A - Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCPD2013A - Remove and replace doors and door and window components
- CPCCCM1012A - Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1014A - Conduct workplace communication
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.