About this course
The Certificate II in Information Technology course offered by Open Colleges is comprised of eight core units, which teach basic information and communications technology skills.
By studying this online Certificate II in Information Technology program, you will gain fundamental computer technology knowledge and training in basic computer operations, working in an IT environment, operating and installing both software and hardware, configuring and optimising computer operating systems, evaluating modified systems and operating system diagnostics, as well as determining work requirements, monitoring your performance and developing effective workplace relationships.
To be eligible for this course you need to meet basic English language requirements.
While studying this online information technology course, you will learn how to:
- Operate a personal computer
- Follow workplace safety procedures (Core)
- Design organisational documents using computing packages (Core)
- Operate computer hardware (Core)
- Operate computing packages (Core)
- Integrate commercial computing packages (Core)
- Use computer operating systems (Core)
- Work effectively in an IT environment (Core)
- Communicate in the workplace (Core)
- Connect internal hardware components
- Run standard diagnostic tests
- Maintain workplace safety
- Work effectively with others
- Organise personal work priorities and development
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.