In a nutshell
Learn the jargon, systems and practices of the legal world with this Certificate III in Business Administration (Legal) (BSB31015) course through Open Colleges!
Suitable for anyone looking to enter the legal admin space, or formalise their skills with a qualification, this online course will get you up to speed with the latest in legal administration practices.
Delivered through a simulated legal work placement, you will cover everything form keyboard speed and accuracy, designing and producing business documents, delivering court documentation and adhering to confidentiality and security principles.You will learn how to apply your knowledge of the legal system to all tasks and projects that you work on.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Have completed Year 10 and have at least one year of vocational experience; OR
- Hold a certificate II level or higher; OR
- Have at least one year of relevant vocational experience
In this business administration course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBWHS201 – Contribute to health and safety of others
- BSBITU307 – Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy
- BSBADM307 – Organise schedules
- BSBWRT301 – Write simple documents
- BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
- BSBLEG301 – Apply knowledge of the legal system to complete tasks
- BSBLEG305 – Use legal terminology in order to carry out tasks
- BSBINM303 – Handle receipt and dispatch of information
- BSBLEG303 – Deliver court documentation
- BSBLEG304 – Apply the principles of confidentiality and security within the legal environment
- BSBLEG306 – Maintain records for time and disbursements in a legal practice
- BSBLEG308 – Assist in prioritising and planning activities in a legal practice
- BSBITU302 – Create electronic presentations
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.