About this course
Studying a Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor) (SIS30315) program with Open Colleges will provide you with the skills and training necessary to work and instruct in a gymnasium. You can also enjoy the convenience of studying whenever and wherever you want with this online fitness course.
Upon completion of this course you will gain the credentials necessary to become a gym or fitness instructor.
This online fitness course includes a mandatory work placement of at least 45 hours. It is recommended that workplace assessments and training be undertaken in a facility that services a range of different clients with different fitness needs.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Have completed Year 10; OR
- Hold a certificate II or higher; OR
- Have at least two years' experience in a role that requires written documentation and communication
In this fitness course, the units of competency you may study include:
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid*
- SISXIND001 – Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- SISXCCS001 – Provide quality service
- SISFFIT001 – Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 – Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT005 – Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT025 – Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 – Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- BSBRSK401A – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in work health and safety
- SISFFIT004 – Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT003 – Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT002 – Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 – Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXFAC002 – Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
- SISXFAC001 – Maintain equipment for activities
*Must be obtained via an approved external provider
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.