In a nutshell
Get qualified as a nail technician and learn how to deliver high quality, specialised nail services to your clients.
Offered online by Open Colleges, this Certificate III in Nail Technology (SHB30315) course is ideal for anyone wanting to formalise their knowledge and skills in nail technology or those with no experience who want to kick-start their career. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a beginner in the industry, this course will help you excel!
Covering everything from nail and pedicure services to safe hygiene practices and business acumen, this online course will give you a thorough education designed for real-world application.
As a student of the SHB30315 Certificate III in Nail Technology course, you’ll receive a range of professional nail kits to use while you perfect your practical skills and get your career as a successful Nail Technician off the ground. The kits include a manicure and pedicure kit (valued at $310) a nail art kit (valued at $116) and a gel and acrylic kit with UV lamp (valued at $1,174).
Gain practical skills
Providing the flexibility of online study with the practical experience of 80 hours of practical work placement in a nail salon, this course will get your career as a nail technician off the ground. Depending on your placement, you may be required to obtain a number of checks including a National Police Check, Working With Children Check or First Aid Certificate.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old; AND
- Have completed Year 10; OR
- Hold a qualification at certificate II level or higher; OR
- Have two years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication; AND
- You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills; AND
- Successful completion of English to Year 10 level.
In this nail technology course, the units of competency you may study include:
- SHBBNLS004 – Apply nail art
- SIBBNLS202A – Provide manicure and pedicure services
- SHBBINF001 – Maintain infection control standards
- SHBXWHS001 – Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXIND001 – Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SIBBRES201A – Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS002 – Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXCCS001 – Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBBNLS002 – Apply gel nail enhancements
- SHBBCCS001 – Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBNLS003 – Apply acrylic nail enhancements
- SHBBNLS005 – Use electric file equipment for nail services
- BSBSMB304 – Determine resource requirements for the micro business
- SHBBNLS006 – Apply advanced nail art
- ICTWEB201 – Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.