In a nutshell
Join the growing aged care sector with this online CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support offered by Open Colleges in association with Integrated Care & Management Training Pty Ltd (RTO: 90197).
By studying this flexible online course you will learn how to work with other healthcare professionals, deliver holistic care for your clients and supervise others in a residential or healthcare environment.
With the ageing population, this course is ideal for anyone looking for a career that makes a difference; tending to the needs and rights of the elderly and providing services to older people with dignity. Your understanding will be anchored by a structured workplace learning component, which will help you put into practice the theory you learn in this course.
Gain practical skills
To successfully complete this course, you must undertake 120 hours of practical work experience.
This Certificate IV will be issued by Integrated Care & Management Training Pty Ltd.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrolment with Open Colleges.
Pauline talks why she chose to study aged care.
What you’ll need
There are no formal educational perquisites for this course.
Students are required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level; or
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; or
- 3 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
- You will need access to a reliable computer and an internet connections, as well as basic computer skills.
In this course, the areas you may cover include:
- You will be supported in your learning by expert trainers. A structured workplace learning component will give you the practical, hands-on experience and knowledge you need in this high demand sector.
- If you have experience within the industry, the Certificate IV in Ageing Support is a great way to expand on your knowledge and skills. Or, if you have completed the Certificate III in Individual Support, you can continue your studies with the Certificate IV in Ageing Support. It will provide you with the relevant skills to give person-centered support in both the aged care and disability sector.
- You will learn how to effectively liaise with other healthcare professionals and take your career to the next level by supervising fellow workers. Other skills covered in this course include how to respond holistically to client issues, and how to provide services to elderly people with complex needs.
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.