In a nutshell
The Certificate IV in Accounting is a highly comprehensive course that will provide the backbone for your new career in accounting. The course has been designed by reputable industry experts and provides a foundational overview of the basic accounting skills and knowledge needed to work in the industry.
Completion of the Certificate IV in Accounting will enable students to confidently undertake accounting tasks such as operational reporting, prepare simple management reports and perform financial calculations. Hands on training with accounting technologies such as MYOB will also mean students gain an understanding of how operate industry-standard accounting systems.
By successfully obtaining this Certificate IV, students would have completed the educational requirements outlined by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and as such may register as BAS (Business Activity Statements) agents.
What you’ll need
While studying this accounting course, you will learn how to:
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Prepare financial reports
- Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- Establish and maintain a payroll system
- Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- Process business tax requirements
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Design and produce business documents
- Prepare operational budgets
- Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- Manage budgets and forecasts
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.