About this course
The Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) (HLT43015) offered by Open Colleges in partnership with Integrated Care Management Training (ICMT), gives you the training to start your career in occupational therapy.
If you’re keen to help those affected by illness, injury, accident or ageing to resume everyday activities, then this is the course for you. In this online occupational therapy course, you’ll learn to interpret and apply medical terminology, assist with client movement and rehabilitation, respond to challenging behaviour, undertake case management, and implement infection control policies.
You’ll also develop key management and communication skills to give you a professional edge in the workplace. Students may require a current First Aid Certificate to commence placement at some workplaces.
Students of this course must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work placement.
How can Open Colleges help you? Find out more here.
Applicants must also meet the criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Have a School Certificate or equivalent; OR
- Hold a Certificate II or higher; OR
- Have 2 years relevant industry experience
All applicants must be aged 16 or older.
In this allied health program, the subjects you’ll study include:
- HLTAHA001 – Assist with an allied health program
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 – Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAHA010 – Assist with the development and maintenance of client functional status
- HLTAHA016 – Support the fitting of assistive equipment
- HLTAHA009 – Assist in the rehabilitation of clients
- BSBINM301 – Organise workplace information
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.