In a nutshell
This Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy program (SHB40115) offered through Open Colleges will give you the education and training to launch your career in the world of beauty therapy. This online beauty therapy course will give you beauty skills in a range of services, including skincare treatments, pedicures, manicures, massage and waxing. Or, you could specialise in a range of unique treatments including spray tanning, eyelash extensions, lymphatic massage, female intimate waxing and microdermabrasion.
To successfully complete the required subjects in this certificate IV course, you will need to have a Senior First Aid certificate from an accredited provider.
You will be provided with a set of high-quality industry kits to allow you to practice and perfect your skills. The kits are worth more than $1,400 and include;
- Manicure and Pedicure kit
- Eyelash extensions kit
- Waxing and tinting kit
- Makeup kit
- Facial kit
Gain practical skills
Studying this beauty therapy course online, you will be required to complete a minimum of 110 hours of practical work placement to complement your education with industry training. You can choose to be assessed in your own workplace or in one of the Open Colleges Work Placement Service Centres or Assessment Centres across the country.
Throughout the course, you will keep a visual diary of your work which you can use with prospective employers and clients.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to enrol in this course, you must meet one of the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old; AND
- Have access to a computer and the internet; AND
- Hold a minimum qualification of a Certificate II level or higher; OR
- Demonstrate 2 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
- Successful completion of Year 12 English or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR
- Demonstrate 3 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
In this beauty therapy, the subjects you may include:
- SHBBBOS001 – Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBNLS001 – Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBINF001 – Maintain Infection Control Standards
- SHBXWHS001 – Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBXIND001 – Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBBRES001 – Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBBMUP001 – Apply eyelash extensions
- SHBXCCS002 – Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXCCS001 – Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBBHRS001 – Provide waxing services
- SHBBFAS001 – Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBBOS002 – Provide body massage
- SHBBBOS003 – Provide body treatments
- SHBBBOS006 – Provide superficial lymph massage treatments
- SHBBMUP002 – Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP004 – Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBFAS002 – Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBHRS002 – Provide female intimate waxing services
- SHBBBOS004 – Provide aromatherapy massage
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.