In a nutshell
Whether you’re looking to start a new career in business administration or have industry experience and want to formalise your skills, this BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Financial Administration) qualification from Open Colleges could be a great option. This flexible course, designed to make it easy to fit study in with your current lifestyle, combines the in-demand business administration skills with financial reporting and payroll knowledge to ensure that you become a valuable prospect for business in any sector.
This course will allow you to gain all the relevant business administration and communication skills such as how to build and maintain business relationships, apply various communication strategies to business tasks and write and edit complex business documents, while at the same time teaching you the principles of business financial reporting, processing of financial transactions and management of financial records and establishing and maintaining a payroll system.
Start studying today to give your career the kick-start it needs!
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrollment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
There are no mandatory prerequisites for enrolling in this course.
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3, or
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g. smartphone.
While completing this BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Financial Administration) qualification from Open Colleges, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBTEC404 - Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBXCM401 - Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBCRT411 - Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBPEF402 - Develop personal work priorities
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBFIN302 - Maintain financial records
- BSBFIN301 - Process financial transactions
- BSBFIN401 - Report on financial activity
- FNSTPB402 - Establish and maintain payroll systems
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.