About this course
The Certificate IV in Interior Decoration offered online through Open Colleges has been designed to equip you with the foundational skills and knowledge to forge a successful career in interior design.
As well as exploring the fundamental principles of interior decoration, you will learn how to read building plans, produce one- and two-point perspective drawings, and interpret and respond to a client brief.
As many interior decorators choose to be self-employed, this course also covers the legal, administrative and promotional requirements of establishing a small consultancy. You’ll also receive a FREE textbooks and an art pack that includes a graphite pencil sketch set, graphic ink pens, coloured pencils and sketch pads.
Open up a new world of possibilities with Open Colleges.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Have completed year 12; OR
- Hold a certificate III qualification or higher; OR
- Have two year of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentatin and communication
In this Certificate IV in Interior Decoration course, the subjects you will study include:
- Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
- Produce technical drawings
- Research architectural styles and movements
- Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
- Originate and develop concepts
- Produce drawings to communicate ideas
- Explore the use of colour
- Decorate residential interiors
- Provide interior styling service
- Research, analyse and apply colour for interior spaces
- Source and specify decoration products
- Research and recommend furniture and accessories
- Research and recommend soft furnishings for interiors
- Generate design solutions
- Determine work health and safety (WHS) implications of interior effects
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Monitor and manage small business operations
- Identify materials, construction techniques and methods used in building interiors
- Research and recommend hard materials and finishes for interiors
- Prepare a materials board for client presentation
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.