In a nutshell
The Certificate IV in Design specialising in Digital Design course by Open Colleges is the ideal launch pad for anyone looking to pursue a creative pathway within today’s digital marketplace.
In this custom program, students receive a dual focus education in the creative skills required to execute effective graphic design, as well as how to devise effective communication strategies in line with emerging technologies. The course highlights the contemporary convergence of graphic and web design skills, teaching students how to best utilise a broad range of visual communication skills, including animation, video and sound.
What you’ll need
Although this course has no formal entry requirements, it is recommended that students possess the following:
- A Certificate III in any discipline; OR
- A Certificate III in Design Fundamentals; OR
- Relevant work or study experience, including completion of high school subjects such as art, design, digital media, animation or communication
In this design course, the subjects you will study include:
- Design fundamentals
- History and theory of design
- Integrate colour theory and design processes
- Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- Work with photomedia in creative practice
- Author interactive sequences
- Design simple web page layouts
- Develop cascading style sheets
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Use and respect copyright
- Interpret and respond to a design brief
- Realise a creative project
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.