In a nutshell
If you are looking to gain contemporary, industry-relevant business skills and commence a lucrative career in business administration and management, then this BSB40320 Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business and BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication dual qualification from Open Colleges could be a great place to start.
From business basics such as building relationships, financial management, and strategic and business planning to more advanced fields such as how to conduct market research in order to understand consumer behaviour, how to create effective marketing campaigns for your business and how to build your customer base in both digital and off-line space, this flexible course will teach you everything you need to know to become a successful business builder.
By the time you complete this course you will have intimate understanding of how to analyse consumer data and apply insights to your marketing and promotional campaigns, how to evaluate campaign success and how to effectively communicate with customers of all levels in order to optimise your chances of successfully closing sales.
On completion of your first module, you will be given a free 12-month membership to Flying Solo, a small business resource site with a range of benefits such as access to newsletters, webinars, events, discussion forums, flying solo book and Flying Solo directory, all of which will help you manage your business more effectively and efficiently.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrollment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
There are no mandatory prerequisites for enrolling in this course.
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3, or
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g. smartphone.
In this course, subjects you may study the following subjects:
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBESB402 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
- BSBTEC301 - Design and produce business documents
- BSBESB401 - Research and develop business plans
- BSBESB404 - Market new business ventures
- BSBTEC403 - Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBOPS404 - Implement customer service strategies
- BSBESB403 - Plan finances for new business ventures
- BSBESB407 - Manage finances for new business ventures
- BSBESB406 - Establish operational strategies and procedures for new business ventures
- BSBMKG439 - Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBCRT412 - Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCMM411 - Make presentations
- BSBMKG435 - Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBMKG431 - Assess marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG433 - Undertake marketing activities
- SIRXMKT006 - Develop a social media strategy
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.