In a nutshell
The Open Colleges’ Personal Trainer Pathway bundle offers students the opportunity to complete a Statement of Attainment in Fitness and a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness.
Build your base knowledge and gain a comprehensive background in fitness with the Statement of Attainment, which will teach you how to give clients nutritional advice, create functional exercise programs and more.
Go on to study the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness. This course will guide you through how to put together advanced exercise programs, work as a one-on-one trainer, lead a group fitness class and successfully start and run your own PT business.
Study online at your own pace and convenience and go on to help others who are striving for a healthier lifestyle.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- Two years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
- Successful completion of English to a year 10 level
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older
For the Statement of Attainment the subjects you will study include:
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
For the Certificate IV in Fitness the subjects you will study include:
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXFAC001 - Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXFAC002 - Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- ICTICT203 - Operate application software packages
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISXCCS003 - Address client needs
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB406 - Manage small business finances
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.