In a nutshell
Learn from industry experts about the world of marketing and communications and build valuable in-demand skills!
Studying the BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication course online with Open Colleges will educate you in the essentials of the marketing industry, including legal considerations, consumer behaviour, market trends and networking. Learn how to work effectively within this industry with confidence and competence; understand customers and how to conduct market research to gain more insight into people and their habits; analyse consumer data and apply market profiling to campaigns, as well as digital and traditional marketing channels, how to use them, and who they best serve.
When you successfully complete your first module, you’ll get a free 12-month student membership to the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI), the industry peak body for marketing professionals in Australia.
This course can act as a pathway into further study, including the BSV50120 Diploma of Business, or 10904NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing.
What you’ll need
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, and there are no mandatory Open Colleges entry requirements.
Recommended local entry requirements:
- Age: 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend complex information.
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher, or
- Achieve an ACSF Level 4
- Access to a modern computer with high-speed internet.
- Access to Microsoft office or equivalent
- Basic computing skills including the ability to make a short video.
While completing the BSB40820 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication qualification from Open Colleges, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBMKG439 - Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
- BSBTEC403 - Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBCRT412 - Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCMM411 - Make presentations
- BSBMKG435 - Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBMKG431 - Assess marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG433 - Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG440 - Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
- SIRXMKT006 - Develop a social media strategy
- BSBESB404 - Market new business ventures
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.