In a nutshell
This online Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies (ICT40315) course provides you with the hands-on training and practical skills that are increasingly in demand in the ever-expanding IT industry. The course will not only develop your technical abilities but also teaches you how to apply the creative process to web-based projects.
You will learn to plan, design, modify and build dynamic websites, as well as how to host and transfer content, and develop and maintain a database. You will also learn the fundamentals of testing and compliance, and monitoring and maintenance. Upon completion of the course, you will have the skills to work in a wide range of digital media and information technology roles in any industry you choose.
Give your career a boost with online study.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course you must be at least 18 years of age and:
- Have successfully completed a Certificate II or III in Information, Digital Media and Technology; OR
- Have vocational training and/or work experience across a range of work settings
In this digital media course, the subjects you will study include:
- ICTICT401 - Determine and confirm client business requirements
- ICTWEB401 - Design a website to meet technical requirements
- ICTWEB414 - Design simple web page layouts
- ICTICT420 - Develop client user interface
- ICTDMT401 - Create visual design components for digital media
- ICTWEB429 - Create a mark-up language document to specification
- ICTWEB429 - Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB409 - Develop cascading style sheets
- ICTWEB502 - Develop dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB424 - Evaluate and select web hosting service
- ICTWEB403 - Transfer content to a website using commercial packages
- ICTWEB415 - Produce server-side script for dynamic web pages
- ICTDBS403 - Create basic databases
- ICTWEB425 - Apply structured query language to extract and manipulate data
- ICTWEB425 - Confirm accessibility of websites for people with special needs
- ICTWEB422 - Ensure website access and usability
- BSBWHS304 - Participate effectively in the WHS communication and consultative process
- ICTWEB417 - Integrate social web technologies
- ICTWEB416 - Customise content management system
- ICTWEB405 - Monitor traffic and compile website traffic reports
- ICTICT418 - Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTWEB404 - Maintain website performance
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.