About this course
This course is only available to residents of NSW.
Looking to enter the real estate and property services industry in NSW? Then this is the course for you! Delivered entirely online by North Coast TAFE in partnership with Open Colleges, the Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) (CPP40307) provides you with the skills and qualifications to become a registered real estate agent.
This course covers property appraisal, listing, marketing and preparation for both sale (including private treaty and auction) and lease, preparing property reports and negotiating transactions.
The legal, finance, communication and client aspects of the job are also addressed, ensuring you have a comprehensive understanding of how to excel in the competitive world of real estate.
The course is structured so that you will be able to progressively apply for and receive the NSW Certificate of Registration, Real Estate License and the nationally recognised property services qualification by the end of the course.
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Have successfully completed Year 12 English; OR
- Have completed a Certificate III or higher qualification; OR
- Have 3 years of relevant industry experience in a role that requires written documentation and communication; AND
- Be a resident of NSW or intend to work as a real estate agent in NSW
In this real estate course, the subjects you will study include:
- CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM3019B – Communicate with clients as part of agency operations
- CPPDSM4003A – Appraise property
- CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale
- CPPDSM4014A – Market property for sale
- CPPDSM4018A – Prepare and present property reports
- CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty
- CPPDSM4019A – Prepare for auction and complete sale
- CPPDSM4011A – List property for lease
- CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4010A – Lease property
- CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement
- CPPDSM4049A – Implement maintenance plan for managed properties
- CPPDSM4020A – Present at tribunals
- BSBLED401A – Develop teams and individuals
- CPPDSM4005A – Establish and build client-agency relationships
- CPPDSM4017A – Negotiate effectively in property transactions
- CPPDSM4056A – Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry
- CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk
- BSBRKG304B – Maintain business records
- BSBSMB406A – Manage small business finances
- CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust accounts
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.