About this course
Take your building career to the next level, and move off the tools into managerial roles by studying this Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (CPC50210) course. Offered by North Coast TAFE in partnership with Open Colleges, this course is delivered entirely online meaning you can study at your own pace and gain a nationally recognised qualification without any class time.
The program is designed to equip you with the fundamentals needed to excel in construction management and covers key areas such as project management, building codes and standards, contracts, project tenders, cost estimates and sub-contractor management. You will also learn to develop original and creative approaches to eco-friendly design and construction. Your qualification also equips you with the vital industry knowledge, allowing you to work well within work health and safety laws, regulatory frameworks, and complex building industry legislation.
Give your career a boost with online study.
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course; so anyone can apply! However, it is strongly recommended that applicants have some exposure to building and construction work.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you will study include:
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC5001B - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5018A - Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings
- CPCCBC5009A - Identify services layout and connection methods to medium rise construction projects
- CPCCBC5004A - Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5007B - Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- CPCCBC4013A - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- BSBPMG505A - Manage project quality
- BSBOHS504B - Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG508A - Manage project risk
- CPCCBC5005A - Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5002A - Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5003A - Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5010B - Manage construction work
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.