In a nutshell
The online Diploma of Event Management (SIT50316) course offered through Open Colleges will equip you with the organisational leadership skills necessary to excel in event management. Students are guided through a comprehensive program detailing the principles and practices of event management, from planning and proposal right through to clean-up.
They receive training in core learning areas such as how to select a site, manage people and resources, identify potential risks and hazards, coordinate marketing activities, operate within a budget and manage client expectations. This online course acts as the ideal springboard for professional development, allowing those with a background in events to advance their career through additional training.
Gain practical skills
The Diploma of Event Management (SIT50316) includes a work placement component to ensure that you graduate with a strong mix of practical work experience and academic foundation. The requirements of this course includes a minimum of 120 hours of structured workplace learning in an appropriate organisation, supervised by a qualified staff member
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Successfully complete Yr 12 or equivalent; OR
- Demonstrate industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication; OR
- Be at least 18 years old
In this events course, the subjects you may study include:
- SITEEVT001 – Source and use information on the events industry
- SITXWHS002 – Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITEEVT012 – Develop event concepts
- SITEEVT012 – Manage meetings
- SITEEVT008 – Manage event staging components
- SITEEVT006 – Develop conference programs
- SITXMGT002 – Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMGT501 – Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITTTSL008 – Book supplier products and services
- SITXCCS007 – Enhance customer service experience
- SITEEVT010 – Manage on-site operations
- SITXMGT001A – Monitor work operations
- CUAFOH501 – Manage front of house services
- CUAPPM412 – Organise and facilitate rehearsals
- SITEEVT002 – Process and monitor event registrations
- SITEEVT003 – Coordinate on-site event registrations
- SITXMPR004 – Coordinate marketing activities
- SITXMPR003 – Plan and implement sales activities
- SITXMGT003 – Manage projects
- SITXFIN003 – Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM003 – Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM005 – Manage volunteers
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.