In a nutshell
With increasing demand for qualified candidates, there’s never been a better time to boost your qualifications in human resources. This course is delivered completely online, meaning you can work through units at your own pace and fit your studies around your life and work commitments.
Develop practical skills and deepen your understanding of HR with this BSB50320 Diploma of Human Resource Management from Open Colleges. Perfect for those with some experience in human resources who want to progress in their career, this course prepares you for more senior roles.
Build on your management skills with training in recruitment, selection and induction processes, workforce planning, employee relations, separation and termination. The course covers a broad spectrum of skills that prepare you for the realities of senior HR roles, allowing you to step confidently into your next position.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrolment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
There are mandatory entry requirements for enrolling in this course.
To enrol in this course you will need to :
- Have completed the following units of competency (or their equivalent)
- BSBHRM411 - Administer performance development processes;
- BSBHRM412 - Support employee and industrial relations;
- BSBHRM415 - Coordinate recruitment and onboarding; and
- BSBHRM417 - Support human resource functions and processes.
- Provide evidence of two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
It is also recommended that students
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone.
In this human resources course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBHRM527 - Coordinate human resource functions and processes
- BSBHRM522 - Manage employee and industrial relations
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- BSBHRM524 - Coordinate workforce plan implementation
- BSBHRM525 - Manage recruitment and onboarding
- BSBHRM528 - Coordinate remuneration and employee benefits
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBHRM521 - Facilitate performance development processes
- BSBHRM523 - Coordinate the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBHRM529 - Coordinate Separation and Termination processes
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.