In a nutshell
This online Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915) course offered by Open Colleges will provide you with the education and training to manage strategic and operational areas of an organisation.
On completion of this Diploma of Leadership and Management program you will have a solid understanding of the tasks and requirements of working in management, including assessing the performance of your team, establishing and reviewing processes and systems, identifying and controlling potential hazards and effective project management.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Have completed Year 11 and a minimum of one year of vocational experience; OR
- Hold a nationally recognised qualification at the Certificate III level or higher; OR
- Have at least six (or more) months of relevant vocational experience in a team leader or supervisor role.
It is also recommended that students have access to a workplace environment for this course.
In this online management course you will learn to:
- BSBWHS501 – Ensure a safe workplace
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBCUS501 – Manage quality customer service
- BSBMGT516 – Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBHRM405 – Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBLDR501 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
- BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBLED501 – Develop a workplace learning environment
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.