In a nutshell
This Diploma of BSB50420 Leadership and Management course offered by Open Colleges will provide you with the education and training to manage strategic and operational areas of an organisation.
During your studies, you will learn how to use emotional intelligence to understand team members; support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff; manage people performance; undertake project work; manage budgets and financial plans; oversee quality customer service; facilitate continuous improvement within a business environment, plus much more.
On completion of this management course, you will have a solid understanding of the tasks and requirements of working in management, including assessing the performance of your team, establishing and reviewing processes and systems, identifying and controlling potential hazards and effective project management.
Study 100% online and gain a nationally recognised qualification. Enquire today to find out more.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrollment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
Recommended local entry requirements:
- Age: 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend complex information
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher, or achieved an ACSF Level 4
- Access to a modern computer with high-speed internet
- Access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Basic computing skills including the ability to make a short video.
When obtaining the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management from Open Colleges qualification, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
- BSBCMM511 - Communicate with influence
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
- BSBTWK503 - Manage meetings
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
- BSBSTR501 - Establish innovative work environments
- BSBLDR522 - Manage people performance
- BSBPEF501 - Manage personal and professional development
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.