In a nutshell
Build innovative new skills for an exciting emerging industry with this online Diploma of Marketing and Communication (BSB52415) course from Open Colleges.
Designed for people with experience in marketing and communication, this nationally recognised diploma course offers a pathway to career development in the dynamic field of digital marketing. If you want to expand your skillset, enhance your career opportunities and build sophisticated new knowledge for a sought-after and ever-growing digital specialisation, this course is your next career step.
In this qualification, you’ll discover the critical and disruptive role played by digital marketing and learn how to apply best practise tactics in business. Designed by industry experts with a view to career opportunities, this qualification is a highly relevant way of understanding the complex and changing field of digital marketing and use new knowledge to your career advantage.
This qualification is taught online, with self-paced study modules, to ensure your learning complements your lifestyle. Within 18 months, you’ll be able to effectively deploy digital marketing strategies with confidence to help businesses solve problems and make sure your clients find their customers through the noise.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must have completed the following academic units:
- BSBMKG418 – Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communications industry
- BSBMKG417 – Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
- BSBMGT407 – Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBCRT407 – Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
The Digital Marketing Pathway course is available for applicants who have not completed these units. These units are available as a package in this course.
In this marketing course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBMKG507 – Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG528 – Mine data to identify industry directions
- BSBMKG502 – Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBMKG527 – Plan social media engagement
- BSBMKG524 – Design effective user experiences
- BSBFIM501A – Manage budget and financial plans
- BSBPMG522A – Undertake project work
- BSBEBU501 – Investigate and design e-business solutions
- BSBMKG526 – Develop strategies to monetise digital engagement
- BSBIPR501 – Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business
- BSBMKG525 – Design effective web search responses
- BSBMKG523 – Design and develop and integrated marketing plan
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.