In a nutshell
If you’re looking for a leadership role, then project management qualifications will get you closer to your goal. The online Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415) course from Open Colleges offers a respected qualification endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management.
You will get an introduction to project management strategy and skills including best-practice approaches to managing project information and communication, project procurement and professional team development – lessons that apply to any workplace context. If you’re looking to hone your skills as a manager or step up to the next level, then you can get real-world experience and proven theoretical knowledge with this course.
Why choose Open Colleges? Find out here.
What you’ll need
There are no specific requirements, however, it is recommended that students:
- Have completed Year 12; OR
- Have a nationally recognised qualification at certificate III level or higher; OR
- Have 2 years of industry experience
In this project management course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBPMG511 – Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 – Manage project time
- BSBPMG519 – Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG514 – Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 – Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG518 – Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG513 – Manage project quality
- BSBPMG516 – Manage project information and communication
- BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBPMG517 – Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 – Manage project integration
- BSBPMG520 – Manage project governance
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.