In a nutshell
Gain specialised advanced skills in applying cyber security strategies within an existing or new organisation with an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security) with Pacific Training Group.
This course will equip you to solve cyber security challenges and protect organisations from malware, phishing, hacking and cyberattacks. You’ll also gain skills in leading and managing teams. Areas covered include:
- Research and apply concepts of cyber security
- Leading and managing team effectiveness
- Promotion of workplace cybersecurity awareness and best practices
- Interacting with clients on a business level
- Management of Intellectual Property (IP), ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- Monitoring business activities in an ICT environment
- Evaluating organisational compliance
- Performing cyber security risk assessments
- Designing and implementing cyber security infrastructures
Choose to study on campus in Sydney or the Gold Coast. You can also complete this qualification online.
What you’ll need
Entry requirements for this course:
- Age: 18 years or above
- Education: Completion of at least 11 years of formal schooling
- English: An upper-intermediate level of English or higher
- Equipment: Laptop computer and access to internet connection to study in class and/or online.
In this cyber security course, the subjects you may study include:
BSBXCS402 - Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practice
ICTICT517 - Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
ICTICT532 - Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
ICTSAS527 - Manage client problems
BSBPMG513 - Manage project quality
BSBPMG517 - Manage project risk
ICTICT523 - Gather data to identify business requirements
BSBCRT601 - Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity
ICTICT618 - Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
ICTICT608 - Interact with clients on a business level
BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
ICTSAD609 - Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
ICTCYS604 - Implement best practices for identity management
ICTCYS606 - Evaluate an organisation’s compliance with relevant cyber security standards and law
ICTCYS608 - Perform cyber security risk assessments
ICTCYS612 - Design and implement virtualised cyber security infrastructure for organisations
Why Pacific Training Group?
Campuses are centrally located in Sydney and the Gold Coast with modern teaching facilities and a fun relaxed atmosphere. Their online platform is an easy to navigate and interactive learning portal with ready access to their industry experienced trainers.
With Pacific Training Group, you can graduate with extensive industry skills, a network of employment contacts and a qualification that is recognised in Australia, and beyond.