In a nutshell
Supercharge your career as a cyber security professional and take advantage of this in-demand profession through a Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security) with Pacific Training Group.
This course allows you to develop skills in the management and implementation of cyber security strategies in an organisation. You’ll receive training in:
- Research and apply concepts of cyber security
- Leading and managing team effectiveness
- Promotion of workplace cybersecurity awareness and best practices
- Interacting with clients on a business level
- Management of Intellectual Property (IP), ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- Monitoring business activities in an ICT environment
- Evaluating organisations compliance
- Performing cyber security risk assessments
- Designing and implementing cyber security infrastructures
Make an exciting career out of defending organisations and people against cyber crime!
No prerequisites are required so you can take this course whether you’re fresh out of school, already working in a cyber security role, or want to kick start your new career path.
Study in a way that suits you; on campus at Sydney or the Gold Coast or choose the flexibility of online study.
What you’ll need
Entry requirements for this course:
- Age: 18 years or above
- Education: Completion of at least 11 years of formal schooling
- English: An upper-intermediate level of English or higher
- Equipment: Laptop computer and access to internet connection to study in class and/or online.
In this cyber security course, the subjects you may study include:
BSBCRT501 - Originate and develop concepts
BSBXCS402 - Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practice
BSBXTW401 - Lead and facilitate a team
ICTICT517 - Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
ICTICT532 - Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
ICTSAS527 - Manage client problems
ICTCYS407 - Gather, analyse and interpret threat data
ICTCYS610 - Protect critical infrastructure for organisations
ICTCYS613 - Utilise design methodologies for security architecture
ICTSAS524 - Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan
ICTSAS526 - Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
BSBPMG513 - Manage project quality
BSBPMG517 - Manage project risk
BSBPMG520 - Manage project governance
ICTICT523 - Gather data to identify business requirements
ICTPMG505 - Manage ICT projects
BSBCRT601 - Research and apply concepts and theories of creativity
ICTICT618 - Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
ICTICT608 - Interact with clients on a business level
BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
Why Pacific Training Group?
Campuses are centrally located in Sydney and the Gold Coast with modern teaching facilities and a fun relaxed atmosphere. Their online platform is an easy to navigate and interactive learning portal with ready access to their industry experienced trainers.
With Pacific Training Group, you can graduate with extensive industry skills, a network of employment contacts and a qualification that is recognised in Australia, and beyond.