In a nutshell
If you’ve always wanted to pursue a career in the hospital or health services sector, then enrol in this HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance course from Phillips Institute, and take the first step towards a rewarding career in the healthcare sector. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a Patient Services Assistant (PSA) in hospitals or a range of other healthcare settings across Australia.
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will possess the skills and knowledge required to provide high-level client care and assistance to healthcare professionals. You will gain expertise in basic medical terminology, healthy body systems, infection control, clinical cleaning practices, food safety procedures, legal and ethical requirements, and effective communication in the healthcare industry.
This course is class-based only, not as online or distance. Phillips Institute will organise your placement in a major Melbourne hospital, giving you the opportunity to put your skills into practice and gain valuable real-world experience.
Phillips Institute also offer a dual qualification pathway with the CHC33015 Certificate II in Individual Support or other healthcare qualification, which increases your employment opportunities. Enquire to find out more.
This HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance is covered by the Victorian Government’s Skills First funding program and eligible students can have 100% of their tuition fees covered. Please enquire now to see if you qualify for this government funding.
What you’ll need
While there are no specific educational requirements for this course, the following is required from all students:
- Fluent in speaking, writing and reading English language;
- Basic numeracy skills required;
- Ability to read and interpret a range of information;
- Basic computer and internet skills are beneficial;
- Applicants must provide a current National Police Check before commencing clinical placement.
While completing the HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance qualification from Phillips Institute, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS002 - Assist with movement
- CHCCCS012 - Prepare and maintain beds
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCCCS026 - Transport individuals
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
- HLTHSS003 - Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- HLTWHS005 - Conduct manual tasks safely
Why Phillips Institute?
Phillips Institute (RTO: 21868) is an established and reputable vocational education and training provider located in Victoria. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, the institute has built a strong reputation for delivering high-quality training programs across a range of fields, including early childhood education and individual support for disability and aged care specialisations.
Phillips Institute offers a wide range of high-quality courses, from vocational training to professional development programs, to cater to the diverse needs of students and working professionals. With a strong focus on practical skills, innovative teaching methodologies, and industry-relevant curricula, Phillips Institute ensures its graduates are well-equipped to thrive in the competitive job market.
The Institute's dedicated faculty, comprising experienced professionals and academic experts, play a pivotal role in creating a supportive learning environment. Small class sizes facilitate personalised attention and encourage students to actively engage with the course material, while state-of-the-art facilities and resources enhance the overall learning experience.
Student support services at Phillips Institute are designed to cater to various student needs. These services include:
1. Academic Support: Students can access tutoring and mentoring services, academic workshops, and online resources to supplement their coursework and develop crucial study skills.
2. Career Services: The Institute offers guidance on job search strategies, resume preparation, interview skills, and networking opportunities, ensuring students are well-prepared to secure employment upon graduation.
3. Financial Assistance: All courses at Phillips Institute are now tuition fee free for students eligible for government funding from the Skills First initiative. They also offer flexible payment plans to students who don't qualify for this funding.
By integrating comprehensive academic programs with unparalleled student support services, Phillips Institute stands as a premier choice for individuals seeking to advance their education and careers in a supportive, nurturing environment.