In a nutshell
If you’ve always wanted a rewarding career in education, then this CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support qualification from Phillips Institute could be an ideal step to take. Our experienced and qualified education support professionals facilitate class-based and blended programs with proven results and by taking the next step with us, you can equip yourself with the skills and knowledge needed to provide professional support to primary, secondary, and special educational students in this rewarding sector.
This comprehensive program covers various aspects of educational support, including supporting the learning of students with disabilities, working with students in need of additional support, using educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education, providing support to students with autism spectrum disorder, supporting learning and implementation of responsible behaviour, identifying and responding to children and young people at risk, working with diversity, and complying with school administrative requirements.
You’ll be required to complete 100 hours of practical work experience in a primary or secondary school which will give you experience with real-world situations.
This CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support is covered by the Victorian Government’s Skills First program and eligible students can have 100% of their tuition fees covered. Please enquire now to see if you qualify for government funding.
What you’ll need
While there are no specific educational requirements for this course, the following is required from all students:
- Preference is that you have finished year 10 or equivalent;
- Fluent in speaking, writing and reading English language;
- Basic numeracy skills required;
- Applicants must provide a current National Police Check before commencing work placement.
While completing the CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support qualification from Phillips Institute, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCDIV001- Work with diverse people
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCEDS033 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment
- CHCEDS045 - Support student mathematics learning
- CHCEDS046 - Support student literacy learning
- CHCEDS047 - Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS048 - Work with students in need of additional learning support
- CHCEDS051 - Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS056 - Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- CHCEDS058 - Support the implementation of behaviour plans
- CHCEDS059 - Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCEDS035 - Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS036 - Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS049 - Supervise students outside the classroom
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
Why Phillips Institute?
Phillips Institute (RTO: 21868) is an established and reputable vocational education and training provider located in Victoria. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, the institute has built a strong reputation for delivering high-quality training programs across a range of fields, including early childhood education and individual support for disability and aged care specialisations.
Phillips Institute offers a wide range of high-quality courses, from vocational training to professional development programs, to cater to the diverse needs of students and working professionals. With a strong focus on practical skills, innovative teaching methodologies, and industry-relevant curricula, Phillips Institute ensures its graduates are well-equipped to thrive in the competitive job market.
The Institute's dedicated faculty, comprising experienced professionals and academic experts, play a pivotal role in creating a supportive learning environment. Small class sizes facilitate personalised attention and encourage students to actively engage with the course material, while state-of-the-art facilities and resources enhance the overall learning experience.
Student support services at Phillips Institute are designed to cater to various student needs. These services include:
1. Academic Support: Students can access tutoring and mentoring services, academic workshops, and online resources to supplement their coursework and develop crucial study skills.
2. Career Services: The Institute offers guidance on job search strategies, resume preparation, interview skills, and networking opportunities, ensuring students are well-prepared to secure employment upon graduation.
3. Financial Assistance: All courses at Phillips Institute are now tuition fee free for students eligible for government funding from the Skills First initiative. They also offer flexible payment plans to students who don't qualify for this funding.
By integrating comprehensive academic programs with unparalleled student support services, Phillips Institute stands as a premier choice for individuals seeking to advance their education and careers in a supportive, nurturing environment.