In a nutshell
Are you passionate about working with children and ready to take your early childhood education and care career to the next level? If so, the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Phillips Institute is designed specifically for you! This nationally recognised training course provides you with the necessary skills and knowledge to meet the requirements for a leading role in this exciting and challenging industry.
The course is comprised of 15 units, including 12 core units and 3 elective units, which cover a range of essential skills and knowledge. These include ensuring the health and safety of infants and young children, caring for babies and toddlers, using an approved learning framework, analysing information to inform learning, designing and implementing the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development, working in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children, and developing teams and individuals.
Upon completion of the program, you will be equipped with the necessary expertise to pursue a successful career in early childhood education and care, making a positive impact on the lives of children and their families.
This course is delivered as class-based (at Phillips Institute’s campus in Carnegie, Victoria) or online and includes 280 hours practical work placement to ensure you have an opportunity to practice your skills and knowledge.
The CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is covered by the Victorian Government’s Skills First funding program and eligible students can have 100% of their tuition fees covered. Please enquire now to see if you qualify for this government funding.
What you’ll need
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must hold either the CHC30121 or CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care to enrol in this course
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing in English is required to gain maximum benefit
- Basic computer and internet skills and access are also necessary.
While completing the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from Phillips Institute, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
- CHCECE041 - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE042 - Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE043 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE044 - Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
- CHCECE045 - Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE047 - Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE048 - Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- CHCECE049 - Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE050 - Work in partnership with children’s families
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBHRM413 - Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
Why Phillips Institute?
Phillips Institute (RTO: 21868) is an established and reputable vocational education and training provider located in Victoria. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, the institute has built a strong reputation for delivering high-quality training programs across a range of fields, including early childhood education and individual support for disability and aged care specialisations.
Phillips Institute offers a wide range of high-quality courses, from vocational training to professional development programs, to cater to the diverse needs of students and working professionals. With a strong focus on practical skills, innovative teaching methodologies, and industry-relevant curricula, Phillips Institute ensures its graduates are well-equipped to thrive in the competitive job market.
The Institute's dedicated faculty, comprising experienced professionals and academic experts, play a pivotal role in creating a supportive learning environment. Small class sizes facilitate personalised attention and encourage students to actively engage with the course material, while state-of-the-art facilities and resources enhance the overall learning experience.
Student support services at Phillips Institute are designed to cater to various student needs. These services include:
1. Academic Support: Students can access tutoring and mentoring services, academic workshops, and online resources to supplement their coursework and develop crucial study skills.
2. Career Services: The Institute offers guidance on job search strategies, resume preparation, interview skills, and networking opportunities, ensuring students are well-prepared to secure employment upon graduation.
3. Financial Assistance: All courses at Phillips Institute are now tuition fee free for students eligible for government funding from the Skills First initiative. They also offer flexible payment plans to students who don't qualify for this funding.
By integrating comprehensive academic programs with unparalleled student support services, Phillips Institute stands as a premier choice for individuals seeking to advance their education and careers in a supportive, nurturing environment.