In a nutshell
Are you ready to launch a global career in sports management?
The online Master of Business Administration (Sports Management) from Torrens University Australia and Real Madrid Graduate School will equip you with the skills to kick some serious career goals.
Nominated as one of the world’s top 10 sports management MBA programs, this online degree blends theory with practical experience to ensure you graduate at the top of your game.
You’ll explore a broad range of core business and management skills, including evaluating risk, using business analysis software and ethical decision-making, as well as concepts specific to the sports industry including health, leisure and recreation.
In this one-of-a-kind MBA program, you’ll have the benefit of learning from world-class mentors and academics, including:
- Professor Thomas Fricke – A sports consultant for the 2006 FIFA World Cup
- Professor Steve Gera – A sports operations expert who has worked with the Cleveland Browns (NFL) and Philadelphia 76ers (NBA)
- Professor Ramiro Lahera – Managing Director of Tactika Sports Culture, Marketing Director for the 2014 Basketball World Championship, Marketing and Sponsorship Director for the Madrid 2016 Olympic Games bid
- Professor Edouard Legendre – Sport Sponsorship Director for Ogilvy, Strategic Director for Geometry Global
Industry placement at Real Madrid Football Club
This is the industry placement of dreams. Students of this MBA spend two weeks at the famous Real Madrid Football Club in Spain, where you’ll gain hands-on experience to complement your theoretical studies.
Workload and assessment
In order to succeed in your studies, each subject in this course requires a combination of 120 hours of structured and self-directed learning, which equates to about 8.5 hours a week over a 14-week trimester.
Assessments for this course may take a variety of forms, including:
- Written examinations
- Group assignments
- Research reports
- Work integrated learning
Real Madrid Graduate School
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an Australian institution, or recognised overseas equivalent; OR
- Have completed Torrens University Australia’s Graduate Certificate of Business Administration, or equivalent
All students are also required to demonstrate sufficient competency in English.
In this sports management course, the subjects you may study include:
Torrens University Australia units:
- Strategic management capstone
- Management perspectives
- Influencing and making decisions
- Financial management
- Economic principles and decision making
- Dynamic leadership
Universidad Europea de Madrid units:
- Strategic marketing
- Sports marketing
- Residence sport facility operations
- Management and operations of sport venue
- Entrepreneurship, sustainability and social responsibility in sport
Torrens University Australia- Universidad Europea de Madrid units:
- Field project
Why Real Madrid Graduate School at Torrens University?
Training future leaders in all disciplines relating to sports is Real Madrid Graduate School! Real Madrid Graduate School began educating student in 2006 after realising the industry’s need for sport-focussed professionals in business, management, finance and communication.
The school is a partnership between the legendary Real Madrid soccer team, and the renowned Universidad Europea de Madrid and Torrens University.
Make your mark in the field with their MBA in Sports Management which in 2015, was nominated in the top 10 Best Master’s Degree in Sports Management in the world!
Studying with the Real Madrid Graduate School will give you the same access to a range of Torren University’s student support services.
Should you need it, you can access a free and confidential counsellor on campus or via phone; as well as student help and advice services who offer a range of online tutorials packed with tips and tricks that can get you ready for study and keep you moving forward.