In a nutshell
Build the skills needed to start a career that matters to you with this online Bachelor of Business (BP343) course from RMIT Online.
Designed for students with no prior experience academic or professional, this foundation course offers the core skills, knowledge and insights required to start a successful career in the exciting and ever-changing business world.
This highly customisable degree offers you the opportunity to study exactly what matters to you. Choose from three majors and five minors across the areas of marketing, management and change, people and organisations, business analytics or business and technology. You’ll also have the opportunity to take on an optional internship, to put your learning into practice.
Designed and delivered by industry-connected professionals, this qualification is highly relevant to today’s business environment, and put you in a position to succeed — whether you’re crunching data, designing products, exploring sales opportunities, recruiting talent, or leading teams to meet their goals.
Delivered entirely online, this qualification is flexible, to suit your lifestyle — study from anywhere with an internet connection. With dedicated support from RMIT Online’s student success team, you’ll feel connected to your classmates and engaged with your learning.
If you want an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career, this qualification offers the skills you need to take the first step.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successful completion of an Australian year 12 or equivalent; OR
- Successful completion of a non-year 12 entry requirement.
Non-year 12 entry requirements include:
- Successful completion of a Diploma or Advanced Diploma; OR
- Successful completion of a Higher Education Diploma; OR
- Successful completion of an Associate Degree; OR
- Successful completion of the equivalent of 1 semester of full-time study of an Associate Degree with a credit average and no double fail in any required course of the receiving degree; OR
- Successfully completed two courses from an Australian Bachelor Degree; OR
- Successful completion of two courses from Open Universities Australia; OR
- Students eligible to enter with relevant work and life experience after having completed the STAT multiple choice.
This Bachelor of Business is comprised of 22 courses.
As part of this program, you must complete the following four foundational courses within the first eight courses of your degree:
- Global business ecosystems
- Business decision making
- Business in society
- Integrated perspectives on business problems
In addition, you will be required to prepare a Business Graduate Folio comprising a portfolio of employment-ready work.
For the remaining 18 courses within this degree, you’ll have the opportunity to choose from three majors and five minors:
- Marketing (major or minor)
- Management and Change (major or minor)
- People and Organisations (major or minor)
- Business Analytics (minor)
- Business and Technology (minor)
You must complete all eight courses to complete a major. You must complete the first four courses listed to complete a minor.
- Marketing principles
- Buyer behaviour
- Marketing communication
- Market research
- Digital marketing
- Strategic marketing
- CX strategy
- Marketing analytics
Management and Change courses:
- Work in global society
- Managing change
- Innovation management
- Global corporate responsibility
- Organisational experience
People and Organisations courses:
- Human resource management
- Human resource development
- International human resources management
- People analytics
- Employee relations
- Work, health, safety, and wellbeing
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Professional practice in HRM and IR
Business Analytics courses (minor only; complete all courses):
- Introduction to business analytics
- Advanced business analytics
- Business data management
- Supply chain analytics
Business and Technology courses (minor only; complete all courses):
- Introduction to cybersecurity governance
- Legal considerations and big data project
- Introduction to enterprise artificial intelligence
- Blockchain for business
Why RMIT Online?
Looking for a world-class education experience that you can receive from the comfort of your own home? Turn to RMIT Online!
Check out their range of online degrees or upskill faster with a short course and prepare to excel your career. With RMIT Online, you’ll build real-world skills, work closely with their respected industry partners and get the knowledge to transform your career. Being RMIT accredited means you’ll be recognised by one of the most innovative and respected technology institutions in Australia.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to go through the learning journey solo. When you study with RMIT Online you’ll be connected with a support team and a global network of industry experts, academics and peers, who will help you every step of the way. Whether you have a technical issue, feel bogged down and need someone to talk to or struggling with an assignment - they’ve got the right people to help get you to where you want to be.