In a nutshell
Build cutting-edge skills for the new business world with this online Graduate Certificate in Accounting Advisory and Technology course from RMIT Online.
Designed for accountants or students with business backgrounds, this postgraduate course provides a foundation in emerging technologies, data sources, and business trends for the future of strategic accounting. Over four online subjects, you’ll build technological, analytical and strategic capabilities for a new world of accounting.
You’ll graduate from this qualification ready to help clients develop business goals, navigate complex problems, and draw on data to guide strategic decision-making. You’ll have the option to study emerging technologies, including cryptocurrency, blockchain, and AI, to fortify your accounting practice for a changing future.
This Graduate Certificate in Accounting Advisory and Technology contains three core program courses, and the choice of one from two optional courses. See our Subject section for more info or enquire to receive a course brochure.
If you’re skilled in business and want new skills to meet the needs of a changing profession, this qualification is your first step forward.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have an Australian Bachelor of Accounting degree or equivalent; OR
- Have a higher-level qualification from a recognised tertiary institution; OR
- Have a Bachelor of Business plus two years of relevant work experience.
Students who don't have these academic qualifications may be eligible for entrance into this program by demonstrating evidence of a minimum of five years' full-time work experience in either an accounting, business management or information systems field.
This graduate certificate is comprised of four courses:
- Emerging technologies in accounting
- Visualising and communicating insights in business
- Strategic advisory for accounting
Elective — choose from either:
- Data and privacy in the digital age
- Digital transformation strategy and governance
- Customer relationships and influencing stakeholders
- Blockchain and the cryptoeconomy
- Law and policies for emerging technologies
- Future skills: Developing blockchain and cyber security risk and governance
- Future skills: Developing AI strategy and cyber security risk and governance
- Future skills: Digital leadership and customer experience strategy and design
- Future skills: Digital leadership and digital marketing strategy
Why RMIT Online?
Looking for a world-class education experience that you can receive from the comfort of your own home? Turn to RMIT Online!
Check out their range of online degrees or upskill faster with a short course and prepare to excel your career. With RMIT Online, you’ll build real-world skills, work closely with their respected industry partners and get the knowledge to transform your career. Being RMIT accredited means you’ll be recognised by one of the most innovative and respected technology institutions in Australia.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to go through the learning journey solo. When you study with RMIT Online you’ll be connected with a support team and a global network of industry experts, academics and peers, who will help you every step of the way. Whether you have a technical issue, feel bogged down and need someone to talk to or struggling with an assignment - they’ve got the right people to help get you to where you want to be.