In a nutshell
If you want to make a career out of helping others, this Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) course from Sarina Russo Institute is the qualification you’ve been looking for. Designed to provide you with pathways to a range of roles in the community services sector, this course equips you with the skills and knowledge you’ll need to make a difference.
Across 16 core subjects, you’ll learn how to work with a diversity of clients, coordinate complex case requirements, initiative community development strategies, promote diversity, develop workplace communication strategies and manage legal and ethical compliance. This online course gives you the flexibility to tailor your studies to suit your existing commitments.
At the end of this course, you’ll be ready to apply for a range of jobs in the community services sector, including working with people experiencing drug- and alcohol-related issues, mental health issues or disability. Practical placements and workplace case studies will ensure that you gain essential hands-on experience before starting your new career.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Year 12 certificate; OR
- Certificate IV; OR
- A competent result in a language, literacy and numeracy test (LLN).
In this community services course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCCDE011 - Implement community development strategies
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSM004 - Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCDE012 - Work within organisation and government structures to enable community development outcomes
- CHCGRP002 - Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCDEV001 - Confirm client developmental status
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- CHCADV002 - Provide advocacy and representation services.
Why Sarina Russo Institute?
For the past 35+ years, Sarina Russo Institute has qualified countless graduates from around the world and helped launch their career. Study online and trust their skilled and dedicated staff to guide you along your learning journey.
Sarina Russo Institute is renowned by many employers around the globe for developing and offering the right training to their students. Whether you’re looking to change careers, build on existing qualifications, a school-leaver or want to upskill, Sarina Russo Institute has the right course to get you to where you want to go!
Sarina Russo Institute are dedicated to ensuring your time with them is as enjoyable as possible, which is why they’ve put in place a caring and supportive team for students to turn to whenever they need.
The support and advice doesn’t stop once you graduate from Sarina Russo Institute. As part of Sarina Russo Group, their team work closely with many Australian companies to help your recruitment needs, or with universities to guide you in furthering your studies.
Their online platform learning platform (iLearn) has virtual classrooms, which are Trainer lead, allowing students to study from comfort of their own home, ask questions of the Trainer and other classmates. It also provides students with access to an online simulated working environment helping hone “Job Ready Skills” which makes students more attractive to current and future employers. For those students who are unable to attend the live sessions, these are also recorded for future use.