In a nutshell
If you feel that hospitality is your calling and would like to obtain the skills and knowledge that will let you progress your career and gain access to senior positions in the industry, then this SIT40422 Certificate IV in Hospitality qualification from Serve It Up could be just what you’re looking for.
This course is the ultimate hospitality course and will teach you everything you need to know about hospitality and includes your RSA, Food handlers’ certificate, barista coffee, bar, cocktails, beer pouring, food and beverage service, customer service, point of sale, leadership, staff training and development, operations management, WHS, finance for hospitality and much more. By the end of the course you will be fully equipped to tackle a myriad of hospitality roles, including more senior ones such as supervisor or manager.
Study can be done via several different methods, each with varied durations:
- Intensive classroom sessions
- Blended study with online and classroom sessions
Serve It Up have a campus in West Melbourne, and can also give you access to job opportunities as they work closely with a large number of hospitality organisations that recruit directly from their current classes and from their graduate’s list.
This course is government funded through Victoria’s Skills First Funding and eligible students can have their fees covered by the program. Please enquire to see if you qualify.
What you’ll need
You will need access to a computer and meet the entry level AQF 3 Language literacy and numeracy requirements.
While completing the SIT40422 Certificate IV in Hospitality qualification from Serve It Up, you will need to complete a total of 21 units (9 core units, 12 electives):
- BSBDIV501 - Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITHIND004 - Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS007 - Enhance the customer service experience
- SITXCOM005 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM001 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHFAB002 - Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB014 - Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB007 - Serve food and beverage
- SITHFAB003 - Operate a bar
- SITHFAB010 - Prepare and serve cocktails
- SITHFAB005 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB001 - Clean and tidy bar areas
- SITXFIN001 - Process financial transactions
- SIRXPDK001 - Advise on products and services
- SITHFAB004 - Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- BSBCMM411 - Make a presentation
Why Serve It Up?
Serve It Up (SIU) is a leading registered training organisation (RTO) that provides professional training services to help individuals and businesses improve their hospitality skills.
The company offers a wide range of training programs, including bar and cocktail training, food and beverage service training, event management training, and customer service training.
These programs are designed to help individuals develop the skills they need to succeed in the hospitality industry, and businesses to improve the performance of their staff and enhance the customer experience.
The training is delivered by experienced hospitality professionals who provide practical, hands-on instruction, and customized training solutions to meet the unique needs of each client.
With a focus on quality and excellence, SIU ensures that all participants receive the training they need to succeed in the competitive hospitality industry.
SIU has 4 state of the art hospitality training rooms in Melbourne, each set-up with a fully operational bar, coffee machines, beer reticulation systems. They operate their own cafe and restaurant on-site called Hunters & Disciples which provides work experience for Serve It Up graduates and placement opportunities.
Serve It Up (SIU) offers a range of training and development programs for students and graduates
looking to start a career in the hospitality industry, including apprenticeships, internships, and work placements. These programs provide students with hands-on experience and practical skills that are essential for success in the hospitality industry.
SIU also provides ongoing support to students throughout their studies and beyond, with access to a team of experienced professionals who offer guidance, advice, and mentorship.
With a strong focus on student success, SIU is dedicated to helping students achieve their goals and succeed in the hospitality industry.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: