In a nutshell
Build urgently needed professional skills for a career working closely with people by studying this Certificate III in Individual Services course from Skills Training Australia.
A challenging, dynamic and deeply rewarding career path, working in individual support gives you the unique opportunity to help people transform their own lives. Working closely with clients every day, you’ll use your skills and insights to provide exceptional care in a home or aged are facility setting, and ensure that all people have access to the high-quality, people-centred care they deserve.
In this course, you’ll learn the ethical and regulatory requirements of delivering community care, and build the vital relationship, personal and social skills required to empower and support older people.
Developed in consultation with industry professionals and delivered by experienced aged care trainers, this course provides relevant training and learning opportunities for a growing allied health industry. If you want a career where you can make a real difference, this course may be your first big step.
What you’ll need
There are no educational or qualification prerequisites for this course.
In this community services course, you may choose one of three specialisation streams:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
The subjects you will study may include:
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for client direct care
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCAGE001 – Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 – Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCLAH001 – Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- CHCAGE002 – Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCPAL001 – Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support
- CHCCCS025 – Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCCS006 – Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
Why Skills Training Australia?
Study with Skills Training Australia and discover a career path that makes a real difference. Gain a nationally recognised qualification to pursue a career in nursing, aged care, health services and more – they’re here to help you help others!
Learning with Skills Training Australia means you’ll receive the highest quality training and assessment services, as well as access to some of Australia’s largest community services and health providers.
Skills Training Australia is just as passionate as you when it comes to giving back to the community; so ask yourself, is there anyone else you’d want to lead you on your way?
Skills Training Australia is committed to helping you achieve your goals, offering a supportive environment and a first-class training experience.
You’ll be taught the industry’s best practices from trainers who are still active in the community and services sector, and are dedicated to supporting you throughout your learning journey, from course commencement to completion.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: