In a nutshell
Start an exciting new career in the rewarding aged care industry and make a real difference with your work by studying this Certificate IV in Ageing Support course from Skills Training Australia.
If you’re currently working in the aged or community care sector, this qualification will equip you with the stand-out skills, knowledge and abilities to take on a leadership role and help drive the future direction of the industry and the potential difference it can make in the lives of thousands of vulnerable Australians.
In this course, you’ll develop the leadership, management, and strategic thinking skills required to stand out in a competitive and growing job market. After completing this course, you’ll be able to seek employment in a program support or coordination role in the aged care, individual support or community care sectors – using your unique and competitive skillset to make a real difference in the lives of hundreds of people.
What you’ll need
There are no educational or qualification prerequisites for this course.
In this aged care course, the subjects you will study may include:
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Meet personal support needs
- Support independence and well being
- Work with diverse people
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Implement falls prevention strategies
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- Implement interventions with older people at risk
- Assist clients with medication
- Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Support relationships with carers and families
- Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- Coordinate services for older people
- Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- Provide first aid
Why Skills Training Australia?
Study with Skills Training Australia and discover a career path that makes a real difference. Gain a nationally recognised qualification to pursue a career in nursing, aged care, health services and more – they’re here to help you help others!
Learning with Skills Training Australia means you’ll receive the highest quality training and assessment services, as well as access to some of Australia’s largest community services and health providers.
Skills Training Australia is just as passionate as you when it comes to giving back to the community; so ask yourself, is there anyone else you’d want to lead you on your way?
Skills Training Australia is committed to helping you achieve your goals, offering a supportive environment and a first-class training experience.
You’ll be taught the industry’s best practices from trainers who are still active in the community and services sector, and are dedicated to supporting you throughout your learning journey, from course commencement to completion.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: