In a nutshell
You believe deeply in the potential of all people and want to use your career to make a real difference. Help the most vulnerable Australians engage meaningfully with society and build in-demand skills for a growing industry by studying this Certificate IV in Leisure and Health.
With a strong focus on planning, operational development and strategic organisation, this course will equip you with the essential leadership and management skills required to play a leading role in the direction of the community services sector, and give you the opportunity to make a key difference in the lives of thousands of Australians.
After completing this course, you’ll be qualified to seek employment in a management or planning role in the community service, aged care and individual support sectors, and will have the skills and personal abilities required to thrive in a dynamic senior role.
Grounded in the sociological study of leisure and health, this course provides you with the necessary context and theoretical background to inform your work with evidence-based strategic information, and also ensures you have the required interpersonal and communication skills to thrive in a people-focused sector.
What you’ll need
There are no qualification or educational prerequisites for entry into this course.
In this community services course, the subjects you will study may include:
- Use communication to build relationships
- Work with diverse people
- Work effectively in the leisure and health industries
- Contribute to leisure and health programming
- Participate in planning, implementing and monitoring of individual leisure and health programs
- Participate in planning leisure and health programs for clients with complex needs
- Incorporate lifespan development and sociological concepts into leisure and health programming
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Confirm physical health status
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Recruit, induct and support volunteers
- Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- Support community participation and social inclusion
- Work with people with mental health
Why Skills Training Australia?
Study with Skills Training Australia and discover a career path that makes a real difference. Gain a nationally recognised qualification to pursue a career in nursing, aged care, health services and more – they’re here to help you help others!
Learning with Skills Training Australia means you’ll receive the highest quality training and assessment services, as well as access to some of Australia’s largest community services and health providers.
Skills Training Australia is just as passionate as you when it comes to giving back to the community; so ask yourself, is there anyone else you’d want to lead you on your way?
Skills Training Australia is committed to helping you achieve your goals, offering a supportive environment and a first-class training experience.
You’ll be taught the industry’s best practices from trainers who are still active in the community and services sector, and are dedicated to supporting you throughout your learning journey, from course commencement to completion.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: