In a nutshell
Swinburne’s Bachelor of Business with a Major in Accounting is professionally accredited by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, and CPA Australia.
You will learn from industry experts, developing innovative approaches to accounting and business decision-making through sustainable and socially responsible practice.
Develop skills that are fundamental to evaluating, analysing and communicating the financial position of an organisation or individual. Become prepared in the areas of financial information systems, management accounting, company accounting, financial management, tax and auditing.
Whether you’re looking for a career in tax accounting, account management or as a financial accountant by the time you graduate you’ll have the confidence to apply your knowledge in the workplace.
Here's why Ed chose to study accounting with Swinburne Online.
What you’ll need
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meeting the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification; OR
- Significant and relevant work experience
In this accounting course, the subjects you will study include:
- Accounting theory
- Analysis for competitive advantage
- Company accounting
- Company law
- Contemporary issues in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Financial information for decision making
- Financial information systems
- Financial management
- Financial statistics
- Industry consulting project
- Integrative business practice
- Introduction to business law
- Introduction to management
- Learning and communicating online
- Management accounting for planning and control
Students will also need to complete 5 elective units.
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.