In a nutshell
You’ve got a head for numbers and like solving problems. A career in finance could be for you, and it starts with this Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance) course from Swinburne Online.
This qualification is designed for anyone seeking to enter the exciting and diverse field of business accounting. You’ll master the key skills and knowledge required to help businesses navigate an increasingly regulated and complicated world, and take the first step towards a dynamic career.
With a focus on accounting and finance, this business course will help you build both the management skills and specific financial knowledge required to analyse investments, source foreign exchange deals, and assist with planning, risk management and investments for business.
Designed by practising accountants, this course ensures you’ll be learning from and connected to leaders in your future industry, setting you up to start an exciting new career immediately after graduating.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education or its equivalent; AND
- Meet the minimum associated ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary degree.
Applicants must also fulfil English language requirements.
In this accounting course, the subjects you may study include:
- Financial information for decision-making
- Financial information systems
- Management accounting for planning and control
- Company accounting
- Accounting theory
- Analysis for competitive advantage
- Industry consulting project
- Advanced innovative business practice
- Learning and communicating for innovative business practice
- Economic principles
- Macroeconomic policy
- Financial statistics
- Banking operations and governance
- Financial management
- Financial risk management
- Management of investment portfolios
- International trade and investment
- Introduction to business information systems
- Law of commerce
- Finance law
- Introduction to management
- Fundamentals of marketing
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.