In a nutshell
Take the first step in an exciting new career in the dynamic finance sector by studying this online Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Financial Planning) course.
Grounded in business principles, this specialised accounting course will equip you with a broad range of essential skills and knowledge required to thrive in the exciting, fast-paced and growing finance sector.
You’ll study the theoretical components of business, finance and commerce law, and develop skills relevant to working in the people-focused financial planning, retirement and financial management sector. Designed and taught by practising accounts, this course is relevant and dynamic, and ensures you start your career learning from and connected to your industry’s leaders.
If you’re good with numbers, like solving problems, and enjoy strategic thinking, a career in financial planning could be for you.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education or its equivalent; AND
- Meet the minimum associated ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary degree.
Applicants must also fulfil English language requirements.
In this accounting course, the subjects you may study include:
- Financial information systems
- Management accounting for planning and control
- Company accounting
- Accounting theory
- Industry consulting project
- Advanced innovative business practice
- Learning and communicating for innovative business practice
- Economic principles
- Financial statistics
- Principles of financial planning
- Financial management
- Ethics and client relationships
- Investment planning
- Management of personal financial risk
- Retirement and estate planning
- Introduction to business information systems
- Introduction to business law
- Law of commerce
- Finance law
- Introduction to management
- Fundamentals of marketing
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.