In a nutshell
Business skills and leadership are not innate, they can be taught, improved and perfected; and Swinburne Online’s Bachelor of Business With a Major in Business Administration course is designed to do exactly that. The online course covers both micro and macro facets of business management, giving you a comprehensive understanding of the business world.
You will learn how to market your business and develop business plans, to develop and maintain professionalism in contracts, and understand the legal dimensions of operations and partnerships. Additionally this undergraduate degree will improve on your leadership ability, giving you the perfect platform to build an effective team, workplace and vision.
By the end of the course you’ll feel confident in managing your business into the future thanks to units in sustainable change and effective risk management. This course is devised and taught by experienced industry professionals who know what it takes to manage successful businesses. Their knowledge and experience will be vital for you in securing the fundamental skills of business administration.
Hear what graduates had to say about their Swinburne Online experience.
What you’ll need
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meeting the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification; OR
- Significant and relevant work experience
In this business course, the subjects you will study include:
- Learning and communicating online
- Introduction to management
- Integrated marketing communications
- Financial information for decision making
- Management accounting for planning and control
- Industry consulting project
- Integrative business practice
- Contemporary issues in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Introduction to business information systems
- Introduction to business law
- Strategic planning in dynamic environments
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Marketing and communication information and decision making
- Business and society
- Organisational behaviour
- Leadership in context
Students will also need to complete 8 elective units.
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.