In a nutshell
You’re good with numbers and want a career helping people. This Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) course may be your first career step.
Designed for those looking to work in financial planning, this practical course will build in-depth skills in economics, finance, financial risk and planning, and prepare you to help people with their retirement planning, financial management and financial planning.
Grounded in business principles, this specialised financial planning will help you navigate complex regulatory and ethical situations with confidence ease. Designed by practising accountants and delivered online, this relevant, flexible qualification ensures you start your career connected to industry leaders.
If you’re good with numbers, like thinking strategically, and want to help people, a career in the exciting world of financial planning could be for you, and this course is your first step.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education or its equivalent; AND
- Meet the minimum associated ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary degree.
Applicants must also fulfil English language requirements.
In this financial planning course, the subjects you may study include:
- Financial information for decision-making
- Industry consulting project
- Advanced innovative business practice
- Learning and communicating for innovative business practice
- Economic principles
- Financial statistics
- Principles of financial planning
- Financial management
- Ethics and client relationships
- Investment planning
- Management of personal financial risk
- Retirement and estate planning
- Introduction to business information systems
- Introduction to management
- Fundamentals of marketing
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.