In a nutshell
The flow of goods and materials globally requires deep and well-informed planning and savvy decision making. In this online undergraduate level course, Swinburne Online have provided a Bachelor of Business With a Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management course, allowing you to master an integral part of global trade.
Key learning areas covered in this course include all aspects of logistics and the supply chain in the global marketplace. This includes management, procurement and the purchasing process, and the effective management of risk, covering operations from producer to client. A range of practical skills such as project management, negotiation and risk management are taught alongside key theoretical concepts in business, economics, marketing and management. This means that what you learn can be applied immediately in a wide range of industries including transport, warehousing and manufacturing.
You will learn from industry professionals, meaning what you learn is relevant, up-to-date and follows industry best practice. Upon completion of this course you will be well-placed to plan and organise the movement of goods and materials (in logistics and stock replenishment) while abiding by governing laws and maximising efficiency.
What you’ll need
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meeting the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification; OR
- Significant and relevant work experience
In this logistics course, the subjects you will study include:
- Learning and communicating online
- Operations management
- Transportation management
- Warehouse distribution management project
- Procurement management
- Understanding risk management
- Introduction to management
- Global logistics and supply chain management
- Financial information for decision making
- Contemporary issues in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Introduction to business information systems
- Introduction to business law
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Organisational behaviour
- Integrative business practice
- Industry consulting project
Students must also complete 8 elective units.
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.