In a nutshell
Become a leader in today’s competitive business environment! In this online undergraduate level course, Swinburne Online deliver a Bachelor of Business With a Major in Management, allowing you to lead business teams by making well-informed and sound decisions.
Key learning areas include decision making within an organisation, people management (including managing diversity and facilitating efficiency), strategic planning, human behaviour within an organisation and Australian commercial law (specifically contract law in business partnerships).
Learning from industry professionals ensures that what you learn is relevant, up-to-date and best practice. Upon completion of this course you will be well-placed to strategically plan, manage teams and lead your organisation to business success!
What you’ll need
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meeting the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification; OR
- Significant and relevant work experience
In this management course, the subjects you will study include:
- Learning and communicating online
- Management and decision making
- Introduction to management
- Strategic planning in dynamic environments
- Financial information for decision making
- Contemporary issues in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Introduction to business information systems
- Introduction to business law
- Critical thinking in management
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Sustainable organisational design
- Integrative business practice
- Industry consulting project
- Business and society
- Leadership in context
- Organisational behaviour
Students must also complete 8 elective units.
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.