In a nutshell
Learn the practical skills to become a skilled communications professional in the fast paced and dynamic advertising industry with this degree from Swinburne Online. Impact customers and create exciting commercial content by studying a degree in advertising through Swinburne Online.
The industry experts who have designed this course know what it takes to succeed in a diverse range of advertising environments. Through studying this online course you’ll learn how to apply the latest advertising trends in a commercial setting. You’ll develop advertising-specific writing skills that will allow you to engage and influence your audience. And, you’ll be able to deliver all this to your audience with engaging advertising strategies across multiple platforms.
What you’ll need
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meeting the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification.
In this advertising course, the subjects you will study include:
- Principles of Advertising
- Advertising Issues: Regulations, Ethics and Cultural Considerations
- Concept Development and Copywriting
- Advertising, Media Planning and Purchasing
- Advertising Management and Campaigns Project
- Learning and Communicating Online
- Professional Communication Practice
- Professional Practice: Client and Agency Management
- Digital Video and Audio
- Introduction to Media Studies
- Global Media Industries
- Business of Media
- Sports/ Advertising/ Media
Students must also complete 11 elective units.
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.