In a nutshell
Do you have a passion for makeup? Are you ready to embark on a creative career where no two days are the same? If you answered ‘Yes!’, the Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Makeup Services) (CUA51015) from The Institute of Makeup Artistry is the course for you!
This fully accredited, nationally recognised qualification is ideal for those wishing to become freelance makeup artists. Over 12 comprehensive modules, you’ll learn all you need to know about working in the makeup industry, developing the skills and knowledge that will get you ahead in your career. As well as core creative arts and makeup industry knowledge, some of the specialist makeup areas you’ll cover include high fashion and glamour makeup; makeup for film, television and stage; special effects, old age and character makeup; prosthetics; hair and wig styling; and more. You’ll also learn how to plan and manage small business operations, so you’ll be set to kickstart your freelance career the second you graduate.
The course is fully online and self-paced, and with up to 18 months to complete your studies, you’re free to learn in your own time and at your own pace. You’ll be learning from seasoned makeup industry professionals, and you’ll graduate with a comprehensive skillset, an established portfolio, and the confidence you need to succeed. So don’t wait – take the first step on the path towards your dream career today!
Do you have a passion for Makeup Artistry?
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
In this beauty therapy course, the subjects you may study include:
- CUAIND502 - Maintain and apply creative arts industry knowledge
- CUAPPR505 - Establish and maintain safe creative practice
- BSBCRT501 - Originate and develop concepts
Elective Units - Specialist Makeup Services
- CUAMUP401 - Design, apply and remove makeup
- CUAMUP402 - Maintain makeup and hair continuity
- CUAMUP403 - Style hair for performances or productions
- CUAMUP404 - Style wigs and hairpieces for performances or productions
- CUAMUP502 - Design and apply specialised make-up (pre-requisite unit is CUAMUP401 - Design apply and remove makeup)
- CUAMUP503 - Design and apply special make-up effects (pre-requisite unit is CUAMUP401 - Design apply and remove makeup)
- CUAMUP504 - Create prosthetics for special make-up effects
- BSBSMB404 - Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBDES402 - Interpret and respond to a design brief
- BSBCRT402 - Collaborate in a creative process
- BSBDES501 - Implement design solutions
- BSBWHS504 - Manage WHS risks
Why The Institute of Makeup Artistry?
The Institute of Makeup Artistry is a fully online provider offering courses in professional makeup artistry. The Institute is committed to providing comprehensive, high-quality advanced training programs for aspiring makeup artists, with specially developed learning platforms and unique student support systems.
Courses are authored by Rachel Dal Santo, a makeup artist with over 30 years of experience in the industry, and delivered by expert tutors. With competitive pricing, flexible payment plans and comprehensive course materials that cover a wide range of makeup industry sectors, The Institute is a popular choice for those wishing to learn the art of professional makeup online.
The Institute of Makeup Artistry’s student support team is available 24/7. In addition, students have direct contact with their personal tutor, who’s there to guide you through the course, answer questions and offer personalised feedback.
The Institute’s courses are delivered through a secure online learning platform. In addition to written course materials, students will have exclusive access to HD video tutorials demonstrating makeup techniques, processes, styles and designs. The Institute also has a dedicated Facebook group to enable its students to connect with one another from all over the world.