In a nutshell
Ready to turn your love of interior design into formal qualification and exciting new career path? The Diploma of Interior Design (MSF50218) from The Interior Design Institute is the perfect course for you!
This accredited diploma course is a comprehensive, in-depth introduction to the world of interior design. You’ll start by learning about the visual language of design, its key principles, its history and its core theoretical components. Then you’ll move on to investigating specific design styles and how to apply them in design solutions; planning a space according to a design brief; applying lighting and colour schemes, decorative textiles and fabrics, and finishes for a variety of spaces; and selecting furniture, art and accessories to accompany your design plan. Finally, you’ll learn how to work and communicate effectively with clients to fulfil design briefs, and discover the essential steps to setting up your very own professional interior design business.
With Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)-approved study modules, assignments and tutors, you know you’re in the best of hands with this course. Plus, it’s delivered entirely online in a self-paced style, so you’ve got the freedom to study at your own pace and in your own time, with up to 18 months to complete your studies. You’ll graduate with a solid skillset, a dependable knowledge base and the confidence you need to succeed in your new interior design career!
Passionate about interior design? This is the course for you!
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
In this interior design course, the subjects you may study include:
- MSFID5022 - Explore and Apply Creative Design Methodology to Interior Space
- BSBDES303 - Explore and Apply the Creative Design Process to 3D Forms
- BSBDES302 - Explore and Apply the Creative Design Process to 2D Forms
- BSBDES502 - Establish, Negotiate and Refine a Design Brief
- MSFID5020 - Design Residential Interiors
- MSFID4013 - Design Residential Interior Lighting
- MSFID4016 - Design Colour Schemes for Interior and Exterior Spaces
- MSFID5021 - Evaluate Site Structure and Services for Interior Spaces
- MSFID5025 - Develop Residential Interior Design Project Documentation
- MSFID4014 - Produce Digital Models and Documentation for Interior Design Projects
- BSBDES305 - Source and Apply Information on the History and Theory of Design
- MSFFDT4012 - Research Furniture Styles and Movements
- MSFID4019 - Research Interior Decoration and Design Influences
- BSBDES401 - Generate Design Solutions
- MSFID4012 - Decorate Residential Interiors
- MSFID5027 - Research and Recommend Colour Applications and Finishes
- MSFID4018 - Research and Recommend Hard Materials and Finishes for Interiors
- MSFID5028 - Research and Recommend Artwork
- MSFID4015 - Prepare Materials and Finishes Boards for Client Presentation
- MSFID4017 - Research and Recommend Furniture and Accessories
- MSFID4021 - Design Soft Furnishing Solutions for Interior Spaces
- MSFID4022 - Prepare Quotation and Contract Documentation for Design Projects
- MSFID5018 - Provide Interior Styling Service
- CUAANM303 - Create 3D Digital Models
- CUADIG304 - Create Visual Design Components
- BSBDES403 - Develop and Extend Design Skills and Practice
- CUAPPR503 - Present a Body of Own Creative Work
Why The Interior Design Institute?
The Interior Design Institute provides high-quality online training programs for anyone wishing to expand their knowledge and skills in the field of interior design. With certificate and accredited diploma courses on offer, the Institute focuses on technical and practical skills as well as encouraging students to tap into their own creativity and sense of style.
The Institute’s self-paced online courses are tailored to suit the modern lifestyle. All study modules are developed by expert contributors with expertise in various aspects of the interior design world, and delivered by hand-picked tutors with a wealth of experience. With competitive course fees, flexible payment options and outstanding student support, The Interior Design Institute is a popular choice for aspiring interior design professionals in Australia and around the world.
The Interior Design Institute offers comprehensive student support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students are also assigned a personal tutor at the beginning of their studies, who will offer personalised guidance and feedback throughout the duration of their course.
Students complete the majority of their studies through the secure online student portal, where they can download course materials and submit assignments. They also have access to HD video content to complement the content of certain courses. Students can also access the Institute’s exclusive Facebook group to connect with over 15,000 fellow interior design students from around the globe.