In a nutshell
You’re a logical thinker who likes practical work. Now, turn your talents into a new career in the fast-growing building industry with this Certificate IV in Building & Construction (Building) course from The Management Edge.
Designed for students currently employed in construction but with no related academic qualification, this course offers a nationally recognised and in-demand qualification, without requiring you to take time off work.
This course offers the core knowledge and insights required to complement your work. You’ll build the skills needed to effectively plan and execute the construction of residential and low-rise buildings, how to comply with workplace safety rules and regulations, and how to effectively manage hazards and risks in construction management.
With expert trainers, practical assessments, and connections to the building industry, this course offers a fast-paced pathway to gaining a trusted qualification, without interrupting your life.
If you’re looking to grow your construction career, or increase your chances of securing employment, this course is your next career step.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be employed in a position that allows them to demonstrate application of process and management skills required by this course; AND
- Have access to the internet for online research and activities; AND
- Hold a White Card as evidence of participation in the industry.
Students will be assessed on satisfactory literacy, language and numeracy skills prior to starting this course.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBSMB406A — Manage small business finances
- CPCCBC4009B — Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4002A — Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4003A — Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4012B — Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4001A — Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4010B — Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B — Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4007A — Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4004A — Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A — Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4006B — Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4008B — Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4025A — Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- CPCCBC4024A — Resolve business disputes
- CPCCBC4026A — Arrange building applications and approvals
Why The Management Edge?
The Management Edge offers nationally recognised, industry-focused training programs to individuals and organisations seeking practical, personalised learning support.
With offices in Victoria and New South Wales, and national delivery of online courses, The Management Edge is both large enough to offer a wide range of industry-connected courses and small enough to provide the individual support, high quality, and flexibility students need to succeed.
Students can choose from a range of specialised management, leadership and business courses, from Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma-level courses. Commonwealth and state government funding is available for eligible students in these courses, to make career development quicker and easier.
The Management Edge understands adult learners.
With expert trainers teaching from industry experience, and a flexible and supportive learning environment, The Management Edge offers quality study options to advance your career without interrupting your life.
Offering specialised workplace-based learning and the opportunity to build professional networks through study, The Management Edge ensures your time spend studying builds your career opportunities.
For real-world leadership experience and the confidence to succeed, consider the opportunity offered by a nationally recognised The Management Edge qualification.