In a nutshell
Take the first step in a professional career in construction management with this Diploma in Building & Construction (Building) (CPC50210) course from The Management Edge.
Designed for students with existing work experience and relevant study, this course offers the highly specialised skills, knowledge and insights required to work in senior leadership and management roles in the construction industry. This course satisfies the education requirement towards becoming a Registered Building Practitioner.
If you’re looking to grow your career prospects and manage your own sites, this course offers the knowledge you’ll need to succeed.
In this course, you’ll build strong foundation skills and knowledge in how to work safely and effectively to successfully lead construction sites and teams. You’ll study legislative and regulatory standards for working safely and effectively; how to plan, cost and deliver high-quality building projects; and how to prepare and manage documentation for tenders, contracts and workplace health and safety compliance.
With practical, work-focused learning and expert industry trainers, this course is a highly regarded and relevant pathway to your future career in management.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110); AND
- Be employed in a position that allows them to demonstrate application of process and management skills required by this course; AND
- Have access to the internet for online research and activities; AND
- Hold a White Card as evidence of participation in the industry.
Students who don't hold a Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) will be required to undertake an additional four units of study over 13-14 weeks in order to be eligible for this course.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- CPCCBC5001B — Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5010B — Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5003A — Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5018A — Apply structural principles to the construction of medium-rise buildings
- BSBOHS504B — Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG505A — Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A — Manage project risk
- CPCCBC5002A — Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4001A — Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- CPCCBC4003A — Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A — Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B — Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4013A — Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5011A — Manage environmental management practices and processes in building and construction
- CPCSUS5002A — Develop action plans to retrofit existing buildings for energy efficiency
- CPCCBC5004A — Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction material
- CPCCBC5009A — Identify services layout and connection methods to medium rise construction projects
- CPCCBC5006B — Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to medium rise building projects
Why The Management Edge?
The Management Edge offers nationally recognised, industry-focused training programs to individuals and organisations seeking practical, personalised learning support.
With offices in Victoria and New South Wales, and national delivery of online courses, The Management Edge is both large enough to offer a wide range of industry-connected courses and small enough to provide the individual support, high quality, and flexibility students need to succeed.
Students can choose from a range of specialised management, leadership and business courses, from Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma-level courses. Commonwealth and state government funding is available for eligible students in these courses, to make career development quicker and easier.
The Management Edge understands adult learners.
With expert trainers teaching from industry experience, and a flexible and supportive learning environment, The Management Edge offers quality study options to advance your career without interrupting your life.
Offering specialised workplace-based learning and the opportunity to build professional networks through study, The Management Edge ensures your time spend studying builds your career opportunities.
For real-world leadership experience and the confidence to succeed, consider the opportunity offered by a nationally recognised The Management Edge qualification.