About this course
Want to get involved with the world’s largest and fastest growing industry?
The Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) is your ticket to an exhilarating career path that could take you to all corners of the globe.
Delivered online or via blended learning (online and on campus) through William Blue College of Hospitality Management, this degree will equip you with the higher-level leadership skills and industry knowledge you need to excel.
During your studies, you’ll cover key business concepts including HR, marketing and project management while exploring key hospitality functions like customer service, event planning and venue design and global innovations and trends.
A diverse range of elective pathways allows you to further tailor your learning to incorporate a specialist hospitality field of your choice.
Practical workplace experience
This course offers you the chance to take your learning out of the classroom and into the workplace. All students must complete a compulsory internship of at least 800 hours in an approved workplace environment.
Thanks to their long-standing industry partnerships, William Blue College of Hospitality Management’s Career Consultants can help you find a suitable organisation to complete your practical training with.
Workload and assessment
In order to succeed in your studies, each subject in this course requires a minimum of 10 study hours per week.
Assessments for this course may take a variety of forms, including:
- Practical demonstration and observation
- Reflective journal/blog
- Work integrated learning project work
- Individual self-directed major project
Meet Georgina – a William Blue hospitality management student
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have successfully completed Year 12, or equivalent, with a minimum ATAR of 60; OR
- Possess documented, broadly relevant work experience; OR
- Have completed or partially completed formal or informal study; OR
- Present a written submission demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success
All students are also required to demonstrate sufficient competency in English.
In this hospitality course, the subjects you may study include:
- Front office management
- Exploring gastronomy
- Introduction to tourism, hospitality and events
- Customer experience management
- Marketing fundamentals
- Understanding people and organisations
- Business communications
- Product distribution and revenue management
- Global innovation and trends
- The business environment
- Accounting for decision making
- Industry practicum 1 and 2
- Hospitality entrepreneurship
- Risk and crisis management
- Planning and designing hospitality venues
- Organisational creativity and innovation
- Business information analysis
- Ethics and sustainability
- Food and beverage management
- Accommodation management
- Tour operations
- The tourist experience
- Not-for-profit, government and community relations
- Corporate and financial public relations
- Issues and crisis management
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Public relations strategy
- Marketing consulting project
- Relationship marketing
- Services marketing
- Marketing and audience research
- Consumer behaviour
- Event venue management
- Sports events
- Event bidding
- Wedding planning
- Event policy and strategy
- Creative thinking and innovation
- Event management and operations
- Cruise line management
- Airline management
- Destinations management
- MICE management
- Casino and gaming management
- Resort and spa management
- Change communication management and leadership
- International public relations
- Emerging media strategy
- Professional public relations practice
- Brand and product management
- International marketing
- Digital marketing
- Marketing strategy
- Advanced design
- Global events
- Commercial modelling for events
Why Torrens University Australia?
Torrens University Australia brings together some of the country’s most regarded tertiary institutes across industries like business, design, public health, hospitality, and sports management.
Studying with Torrens means learning from the industry’s best and brightest minds through cutting-edge syllabuses and small classroom environments. By becoming a Torrens student, you will not only have access to Torrens’ state-of-the-art campuses across the nation, you’ll also get to leverage Torrens status as a Laureate International University, and be able to access a global network of over 70 universities across 25 countries.
Torrens schools include; APM College of Business and Communication, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Chifley Business School, Media Design School, Real Madrid Graduate School, Southern School of Natural Therapies and William Blue College of Hospitality.
Torrens Dynamic Online Learning mode means you can study at your own pace. By providing you with on-demand access to course materials and content, you can study when you want, where you want.
Torrens also runs Touch-Point weekend sessions that allow you to hear from industry professionals, chat to lecturers and expand your network.
Torrens students will also have access to Torrens Success Coaches, who will help you align your strengths and learning with your goals. From the moment you are admitted to your course, a Success Coach will be available to help you successfully navigate the educational landscape and build your personal and professional skills.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: