In a nutshell
Start an exciting new career in the dynamic and varied Australian business landscape by studying this Bachelor of Commerce course.
Designed for people seeking to begin a career in commerce, this course covers foundation principles of accounting, economics and finance, and offers students opportunities to specialise their study in one of these areas. In this course, you’ll study key business systems and methods, including understanding investments, business knowledge systems, business analysis, financial reporting, and management and leadership skills.
This course also offers practical workplace learning, for students to gain real-world experience and complement their studies. By completing this qualification, you’ll gain invaluable access to practical work experience, professional networks and industry leaders, and graduate ready to start your career in business with a professional advantage.
Study a Bachelor of Commerce
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have an Australian secondary education qualification or equivalent; OR
- Have a completed or partly completed qualification at AQF level 6 (associate degree) or above; OR
- Have a completed Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification at AQF level 4 (Certificate IV) or above; OR
- Complete a special Tertiary Admission Test (STAT) percentile rank or equivalent.
Torrens University Australia also sets guaranteed entry thresholds for students who have:
- ATAR 60 or equivalent; OR
- Studied at another university with a GPA of 3.5 in a scale of 7; OR
- A Special Tertiary Admission Test (STAT) rank of 155
English language proficiency is also required for international students.
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- Cultural awareness: A personal perspective
- Business communications
- Quantitative analysis
- Industry placement
- Principles of finance
- Principles of economics
- Principles of accounting
- Business law
- Management, leadership and professional practice
- Business information systems
- Financial markets and management
- Management and cost accounting
- Financial accounting
- Investment and portfolio management
- Derivatives and risk management
- International financial management
- Corporate finance
- Corporate accounting
- Financial accounting regulation: Application and theory (A)
- Annual report analysis and interpretation (A)
- Income tax law (A)
- Corporate tax law (A)
- Auditing and internal controls (A)
Why Torrens University Australia?
Torrens University Australia brings together some of the country’s most regarded tertiary institutes across industries like business, design, public health, hospitality, and sports management.
Studying with Torrens means learning from the industry’s best and brightest minds through cutting-edge syllabuses and small classroom environments. By becoming a Torrens student, you will not only have access to Torrens’ state-of-the-art campuses across the nation, you’ll also get to leverage Torrens status as a Laureate International University, and be able to access a global network of over 70 universities across 25 countries.
Torrens schools include; APM College of Business and Communication, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Chifley Business School, Media Design School, Real Madrid Graduate School, Southern School of Natural Therapies and William Blue College of Hospitality.
Torrens Dynamic Online Learning mode means you can study at your own pace. By providing you with on-demand access to course materials and content, you can study when you want, where you want.
Torrens also runs Touch-Point weekend sessions that allow you to hear from industry professionals, chat to lecturers and expand your network.
Torrens students will also have access to Torrens Success Coaches, who will help you align your strengths and learning with your goals. From the moment you are admitted to your course, a Success Coach will be available to help you successfully navigate the educational landscape and build your personal and professional skills.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: